Saturday, September 19, 2009

Nativity Silhouette


I just finished this project today. I have seen this done on various craft blogs and have been wanting to make something similar for a long time. I chose to etch the glass so you can't see the light bulb inside which I think makes it more elegant. I also chose a different silhouette that I purchased on istockphoto. I love how Mary is facing the baby. Since I don't have a vinyl cutter, I taped this image onto the back of the Cricut vinyl that I purchased at JoAnn's and cut it with an x-acto knife. This project was pretty easy and took me only about an hour from start to finish. I love it and look forward to making more as gifts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful !! Where did you find your glass block and how did you do the light?

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash